Subject: bug#41242: Port feature/native-comp to Windows - Determine the emacs root dir...

From: Nicolas Bértolo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 17:15:05 -0300

> Again as suggested, *please* run 'check_GNU_style.sh' on your patches if
> you are not used to GNU code style to fix it.

I will set it as a git hook, so I won't be able to commit unless the code is
well formatted.

> Presenting a patch correctly formatted, well tested and fully understood
> is a sign of respect for reviewers and the time they are going to invest
> in the review process.

> We are all volunteers and we all have to cope with time constraints.
> Investing time in reviews means subtracting it to other activities
> including working on other patches and features.

I have great respect for you and Eli, and for all the time you have spent
reviewing my patches. I am sorry that my lack of attention has been taken as a
lack respect for you. It will not happen again.

> We aim for code quality rather then quantity or other metrics.

> The followings are to be considered as basic features we want for all
> patches (not just this) to be applied to this branch:

> - Compiles and bootstrap --with-nativecomp --without-nativecomp

I had setup an AppVeyor instance that compiles my repo without native-comp on
Windows. I could not detect the build problems in my latest patch for some
unknown reason. I didn't expect that to happen. I will add two instances that
build the code on GNU/Linux with and without native-comp, that should help me
catch more build errors.

> - Formatting is correct

> Obviously we can always make mistakes that is totally okay, but does not
> have to be a routine that is expected to be fixed by reviewers.

> Please apply these suggestions to all patches that are submitted or
> pending for review to speed-up the process so we can leave the
> discussion for interesting topics.

I am really sorry for wasting your time like this. It will not happen again.

Nico