Subject: bug#41242: Port feature/native-comp to Windows - Determine the emacs root dir...

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2020 18:51:10 +0000

Nicolas Bértolo <[email-masked]> writes:

> ---
>  src/comp.c | 7 ++++++-
>  1 file changed, 6 insertions(+), 1 deletion(-)
>
> diff --git a/src/comp.c b/src/comp.c
> index 32a98173d5..310ad76fbe 100644
> --- a/src/comp.c
> +++ b/src/comp.c
> @@ -4120,7 +4120,12 @@ finish_delayed_disposal_of_comp_units (void)
>  register_native_comp_unit (Lisp_Object comp_u)
>  {
>  #ifdef WINDOWSNT
> -  Fputhash (CALL1I (gensym, Qnil), comp_u, all_loaded_comp_units_h);
> +  /* We have to do this since we can't use `gensym'. This function is
> +     called early when loading a dump file and subr.el may not have
> +     been loaded yet. */
> +  static intmax_t count;
> +
> +  Fputhash(make_int(count++), comp_u, all_loaded_comp_units_h);
>  #endif
>  }

Again as suggested, *please* run 'check_GNU_style.sh' on your patches if
you are not used to GNU code style to fix it.

Presenting a patch correctly formatted, well tested and fully understood
is a sign of respect for reviewers and the time they are going to invest
in the review process.

We are all volunteers and we all have to cope with time constraints.
Investing time in reviews means subtracting it to other activities
including working on other patches and features.

We aim for code quality rather then quantity or other metrics.

The followings are to be considered as basic features we want for all
patches (not just this) to be applied to this branch:

- Compiles and bootstrap --with-nativecomp --without-nativecomp

- Formatting is correct

Obviously we can always make mistakes that is totally okay, but does not
have to be a routine that is expected to be fixed by reviewers.

Please apply these suggestions to all patches that are submitted or
pending for review to speed-up the process so we can leave the
discussion for interesting topics.

Thanks

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]