Subject: bug#41242: Port feature/native-comp to Windows - Determine the emacs root dir...

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 12:12:49 +0000

Nicolas Bértolo <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I have taken your comments into consideration and updated the patch.

Hi thanks, looks more clear to me.

question: what if instead of using Ffile_exists we just use fopen to
check if the file exists in dump_do_dump_relocation?

I think the origin of "the trouble" is just there while checking if a
file exists, the path in discussion should be already absolute by
construction so I suspect we do not need Fexpand_file to come into play.

Haven't tried, but if it works looks to me cleaner then entering in
logic where not everything is initialized.  It's true that now you have
verified that with your patch the execution path does not involve
variables to be initialized, but the logic could change in the future.

What do you think?

Thanks

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]