Subject: bug#41242: Port feature/native-comp to Windows

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 12:54:47 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> To be precise we store the relative path of the .eln from the emacs
>> executable, both for the local build both for the file position we will
>> have after a "make install".
>> 
>> Reloading the first compilation unit the code detect in which of this
>> two cases we are (this is where file-exists is called) and this
>> information is used for all the following compilaiton unit to be
>> revived.
>
> Do we indeed have only 2 use cases regarding the relative file name of
> .eln files, and not more?

If is a question regarding the current implementation of the branch the
answer is yes.

If is a more generic question then the answer is AFAIK yes, but we could
add others if they are known at compile time and needed.

  Andrea

-- 
[email-masked]