Subject: bug#41242: Port feature/native-comp to Windows

From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 19:15:38 +0000

Nicolas Bértolo <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Do you think it works?
>
> I don't know. What do you have in mind?

Not much more than that.

As you said the problem is to decide who has the duty to remove the file
at last.  If each Emacs deposes a file says .foo.eln-pidxxx for the
whole time is using foo.eln should be easy for the last Emacs to
understand it is really the last and has to do the clean-up in the case
foo.eln was renamed in foo.eln*whatever

I think it could work. (?)

> Another option:
>
> We could use a global mutex shared between all Emacs processes.
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/sync/mutex-objects
>
> They would have to acquire that mutex before any operation using eln files.
> This is a complicated solution, though.
>
> Nicolás.
>

-- 
[email-masked]