Subject: bug#41239: GTK builds crashing in XTread_socket after deleting a frame

From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 14:38:03 +0200

> Not really no, but I have what might be a clue.  I can trigger this
 > condition much more reliably (about 3 in 4, instead of 1 in 10; perhaps
 > 1 in 10 times I was doing the following thing by accident), by
 > intentionally moving the mouse over another popup location without
 > letting it pop up, before doing the 'wait for popup and kill frame'
 > procedure.

Does not seem to help here.

 > So maybe our cleanup is too thorough in the case where we
 > call xg_prepare_tooltip but the tooltip ends up not being shown.

One observation I've made is that with emacs -Q and switching between
two frames I can occasionally pop up an Emacs tooltip which means that
preparing the GTK tooltip failed for whatever reason.

 >> How did you do that?  Did you build GTK with debugging information?
 >
 > No, just 'break g_log' in gdb works.

What did you install for that to work?  Would

https://wiki.gnome.org/Newcomers/DebianSourceDebugging

cover it?

martin