Subject: bug#41239: GTK builds crashing in XTread_socket after deleting a frame

From: Noam Postavsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2020 08:08:42 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> Did you succeed in understanding what is that "ID 356" about which it
> complains, and why it wasn't found?

Not really no, but I have what might be a clue.  I can trigger this
condition much more reliably (about 3 in 4, instead of 1 in 10; perhaps
1 in 10 times I was doing the following thing by accident), by
intentionally moving the mouse over another popup location without
letting it pop up, before doing the 'wait for popup and kill frame'
procedure.  So maybe our cleanup is too thorough in the case where we
call xg_prepare_tooltip but the tooltip ends up not being shown.

I've tried setting a breakpoint in g_remove_source, but then I'm
flooded: it seems to be called every time the mouse moves even a little.

martin rudalics <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Ah, I did manage to get it after repeating about 10 times.  Following
>> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23199699/glib-critical-source-id-xxx-was-not-found-when-attempting-to-remove-it
>> I got a backtrace by putting a breakpoint on g_log.
>
> How did you do that?  Did you build GTK with debugging information?

No, just 'break g_log' in gdb works.