Subject: bug#41233: closed ()

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 08:20:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41233: GNU Freefont is broken

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41233: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41233
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

From: L p R n d n <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 22 May 2020 10:18:56 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Subject: GNU Freefont is broken
From: L p R n d n <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 16:42:32 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

Fonts provided by the font-gnu-freefont package seem to be broken. In my
case, under Guix system, they do not appear in LibreOffice,
gnome-terminal shows them as squares and they do not have any effects in
inkscape (a fallback font is probably use instead).

Commits 5483a2d0a913fe533744699e9ef5757c6e3f6983 and
405c0c947cfd59d7bfb81052545cd635970d2d0c are possible culprits. However,
after testing removing the fontconfig-file-system service did not solve
at least one occurence of the problem, so the latter is probably not
related.

Issue 40783 is probably related.

Have a nice day,

L  p R n  d n