Subject: Re: bug#41222: 27.1; Auto-resizing of images in image-mode

From: Juri Linkov <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 01:39:55 +0300

>> I noticed that image-mode still lacks one needed command:
>> some image viewers have a menu item titled “Normal Size C-0” or
>> “Original Size C-0”.  Here's is the patch that implements it:
> <snip>
>> +	["Original Size" image-transform-original
>> +	 :help "Reset image to original size"]
>
> Hi Juri, this looks good to me, but I’m not sure about saying
> "original size", as that may be mistaken for meaning the size it was
> when it was loaded the first time.

It seems the correct term for the size of the image loaded the first
time would be "initial size"?  Hmm, actually, the docstring of
'image-transform-reset' says the correct term for the initial size is
"default size".

> Perhaps "actual size"? It’s not great, but I think less open to
> interpretation than "original".

I don't know, some programs use "original size", some "normal size":

Xreader:

Xviewer:

And I found one program, namely Pix, that uses "actual size".