Subject: bug#41219: closed (Re: [bug#41219] [PATCH 2/2] guix: Enforce package.json "files" directive.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 21:46:01 +0000

Your bug report

#41219: Enforce "files" directive in node build system

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41219: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41219
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#41219] [PATCH 2/2] guix: Enforce package.json "files" directive.
From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
To: paul <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2020 22:45:40 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Giacomo,

paul <[email-masked]> writes:
> Dear Jelle,
>
> do you believe that you can merge the globstar patch? Otherwise I would 
> just close this issue if you agree with it.

I finally pushed your globstar patch to master in 371ba7b4b.

> Thank you for your time,

Thank you for your patience!
 - Jelle

Subject: Enforce "files" directive in node build system
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 21:26:22 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi,

I'm sending a couple of patches to fix 
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/40710, I tried to base my implementation on 
[0].

The first patch adds "globstar" support to (guix glob), namely the 
ability of recursively matching subdirectories in a glob pattern (i.e. 
"foo/**/bar.scm" matches both "foo/bar.scm" and "foo/baz/bar.scm").

The second patch adds (guix glob) to the imported modules of 
node-build-system and uses that to parse glob patterns in the "files" 
array of a package.json and then install all the matching files.

I tested the patches by verifying that

./pre-inst-env guix build -K node-semver node-util-deprecate 
node-statsd-parser node-stack-trace node-oop node-mersenne 
node-long-stack-traces node-far node-env-variable node-color-name

runs without error and   and by running make check 
TESTS="tests/glob.scm" .