Subject: Re: bug#41207: accountsservice daemon lacks dbus interfaces

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 11:39:17 +0200

Hi,

L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:
>>
>>> The accountsservice service hasn't access to dbus' interfaces throwing
>>> an error when they're needed.The problem, at least, appears with LightDM.
>>> The error looks like:
>>>
>>> WARNING: Error updating user /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000:
>>> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: No such interface
>>> "org.freedesktop.DisplayManager.AccountsService"
>>
>> Apparently this error message comes from lightdm, so the issue is that
>> lightdm doesn’t find the ‘org.freedesktop.Accounts.service’, right?
>
> Not exactly, my understanding is that *accountsservice* doesn't find
> 'org.freedesktop.Accounts.service' which is provided (and asked) by
> lightdm. (I think the error comes from accountsservice)

But see:

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
$ (cd /tmp; tar xf $(guix build -S lightdm))
$ grep -r "Error updating user" /tmp/lightdm-1.30.0/
/tmp/lightdm-1.30.0/common/user-list.c:        g_warning ("Error updating user %s: %s", priv->path, error->message);
/tmp/lightdm-1.30.0/common/user-list.c:        g_warning ("Error updating user %s: %s", priv->path, error->message);
$ (cd /tmp; tar xf $(guix build -S accountsservice))
$ find /tmp/accountsservice-0.6.50/ -name org.freedesktop\*.service.in
/tmp/accountsservice-0.6.50/data/org.freedesktop.Accounts.service.in
$ find $(guix build accountsservice) -name org.freedesktop\*.service
/gnu/store/l9qyf0brhhq7mwcsyhjsh7k0d3ri3ay2-accountsservice-0.6.50/share/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Accounts.service
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

That’s why I think it’s lightdm (or dbus-daemon?) that fails to find the
.service file.

‘accountsservice-service-type’ extends dbus, such that we have
/etc/dbus-1/system-services/org.freedesktop.Accounts.service.  Do you
see this as well?

Thanks,
Ludo’.