Subject: bug#41207: accountsservice daemon lacks dbus interfaces

From: L p R n d n <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2020 16:46:28 +0200

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> L  p R n  d n    <[email-masked]> skribis:
>
>> The accountsservice service hasn't access to dbus' interfaces throwing
>> an error when they're needed.The problem, at least, appears with LightDM.
>> The error looks like:
>>
>> WARNING: Error updating user /org/freedesktop/Accounts/User1000:
>> GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.InvalidArgs: No such interface
>> "org.freedesktop.DisplayManager.AccountsService"
>
> Apparently this error message comes from lightdm, so the issue is that
> lightdm doesn’t find the ‘org.freedesktop.Accounts.service’, right?

Not exactly, my understanding is that *accountsservice* doesn't find
'org.freedesktop.Accounts.service' which is provided (and asked) by
lightdm. (I think the error comes from accountsservice)

> How is lightdm started?  I wonder if there’s something to be done in the
> service definition instead.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.

Have a nice day,

L  p R n  d n