Subject: bug#41197: 27.0.91; Menu bar don't work in macOS 10.11.6 El Capitan

From: Mickaël Remars <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 01:53:03 +0200

Menu bar does not work in macOS 10.11.6 El Capitan. Drop down menus
don't show up even after multiple clicks. Global menu with F10 works fine.

In GNU Emacs 27.0.91 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin15.6.0, NS appkit-1404.47 Version 10.11.6 (Build 15G22010))
of 2020-05-12 built on macbook-pro.home
Repository revision: c36c5a3dedbb2e0349be1b6c3b7567ea7b594f1c
Repository branch: HEAD
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1404
System Description:  Mac OS X 10.11.6

Recent messages:
Wrote /Users/xxxxx/.emacs.d/.emacs.desktop.lock
using config for config_mac
LSP :: Connected to [jdtls:24013 status:starting].
Desktop: 1 frame, 409 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
LSP :: jdtls:24013 initialized successfully
Mark set [2 times]
Making completion list... [3 times]
You can run the command ‘imenu-add-to-menubar’ with M-x ime-t RET
Making completion list...

Configured using:
'configure --prefix=/opt/local --without-dbus --without-gconf
--without-libotf --without-m17n-flt --without-gpm --with-gnutls
--with-xml2 --with-modules --infodir /opt/local/share/info/emacs
--with-json --without-harfbuzz --with-ns --with-lcms2 'CFLAGS=-pipe -Os
-arch x86_64' CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/local/include 'LDFLAGS=-L/opt/local/lib
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names -Wl,-no_pie -arch x86_64''

Configured features:
RSVG GLIB NOTIFY KQUEUE ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS XIM
NS MODULES THREADS JSON PDUMPER LCMS2 GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_FR.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Java//l

Minor modes in effect:
  linum-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  lsp-ui-mode: t
  lsp-ui-sideline-mode: t
  lsp-managed-mode: t
  lsp-mode: t
  flycheck-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  spaceline-helm-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  abbrev-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message dired dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml
mml-sec epa derived epg epg-config mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail lsp-yaml
lsp-xml lsp-vhdl lsp-vetur lsp-html lsp-verilog lsp-terraform
lsp-solargraph lsp-serenata lsp-rust lsp-pyls lsp-pwsh lsp-perl
lsp-metals lsp-json lsp-intelephense lsp-haxe lsp-go lsp-gdscript
lsp-fsharp lsp-eslint lsp-erlang lsp-elm lsp-css lsp-csharp gnutls
lsp-clojure lsp-clients flymake-proc flymake warnings conf-mode
mhtml-mode css-mode smie eww mm-url gnus nnheader gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr url-queue
shr text-property-search svg xml format-spec js sql view rng-xsd
xsd-regexp rng-cmpct rng-nxml rng-valid rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse
nxml-parse rng-match rng-dt rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-ns nxml-mode
nxml-outln nxml-rap sgml-mode dom nxml-util nxml-enc xmltok time-date
linum company-oddmuse company-keywords company-etags etags fileloop
generator company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev
company-files company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang
company-semantic company-eclim company-template company-bbdb vc-git
diff-mode spacemacs-dark-theme spacemacs-common mvn desktop frameset
web-mode disp-table company helm-lsp helm-imenu helm-utils helm-help
helm helm-source eieio-compat helm-multi-match helm-lib async lsp-ui
lsp-ui-flycheck lsp-ui-doc goto-addr lsp-ui-imenu lsp-ui-peek
lsp-ui-sideline lsp-java request autorevert mail-utils url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
mailcap lsp-mode edmacro kmacro xref project url-util tree-widget
wid-edit spinner network-stream puny nsm rmc markdown-mode thingatpt
noutline outline lv inline imenu ht filenotify f ewoc em-glob esh-util
dash-functional compile comint ring bindat flycheck ansi-color find-func
rx java-snippets cl-extra yasnippet help-mode pcase let-alist
spaceline-all-the-icons spaceline-all-the-icons-separators
spaceline-all-the-icons-segments all-the-icons all-the-icons-faces
data-material data-weathericons data-octicons data-fileicons
data-faicons data-alltheicons memoize spaceline-config
spaceline-segments s spaceline powerline advice powerline-separators
color powerline-themes dash use-package use-package-ensure
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode use-package-core cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs finder-inf info package
easymenu browse-url url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache json subr-x map
url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib
tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize mule-util term/common-win
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page
tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame
minibuffer cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help
simple abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces
cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 1348368 75766)
(symbols 48 46218 1)
(strings 32 206569 12415)
(string-bytes 1 5209548)
(vectors 16 111896)
(vector-slots 8 1585669 61904)
(floats 8 1032 312)
(intervals 56 99372 851)
(buffers 1000 426))