Subject: bug#41196: Update

From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 23:09:52 +0200

Hello,

the same problem happened to me right now, but it is not related to any
versions or updates in Guix. In fact, I just did an aggressive "guix gc",
which removed the referenced exo version from the store. The path is
actually stored in my
   $HOME/.config/xfce4/panel/launcher-19/15993349933.desktop
which is not changed upon updating xfce. As long as the corresponding
exo-open is still available in the store, clicking the icon will work;
"guix gc" (after deleting the profile generations where this exo version
was referenced) will remove it from the store.

I do not see what we could do inside Guix to solve the problem.
Personally I simple replaced
   /gnu/store/*hash*-exo-0.12.6/bin/exo-open --launch *Applicationname* %u
by
   *Applicationname* %u

It works at least for (equal? *Applicationname* icecat).

Andreas