Subject: bug#41196: closed (Re: Update)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Sep 2020 21:16:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41196: Xfce panel, exo-open: launching applications not working

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41196: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41196
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: Update
From: Andreas Enge <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2020 23:15:09 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Closing as a duplicate of 25667.

Andreas

Subject: Xfce panel, exo-open: launching applications not working
From: Jan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 01:36:08 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

while clicking on icons on Xfce panel, it fails to launch applications
and throws "Couldn't run
command /gnu/store/*hash*-exo-0.12.6/bin/exo-open --launch *Application
name* %u There's no such file or directory".
I thought I reported the issue somewhere, but my memory tricked me and
I confused the issue with the "gio-launch-desktop" bug, which was
recently resolved. If this can be resolved by a simple wrapper, unlike
the "gio-launch-desktop" bug, I can try fixing it.

By the way, the issue is present for like 7 months already. It seems
something failed during making the 1.1.0 release and Guix as a
distribution needs better procedures for handling the release process
to avoid such bugs in the future. A checklist would be good. Maybe
making a "Tests" page in the manual, something with the ability to 
modify the status of test:
* panel: works
* setting wallpaper: unknown/not tested yet
etc.

Jan Wielkiewicz