Subject: bug#41191: closed (Re: [bug#41191] [PATCH] doc: Specify the branch name in the title of a patch.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 20:13:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41191: [PATCH] doc: Specify the branch name in the title of a patch.

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41191: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41191
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#41191] [PATCH] doc: Specify the branch name in the title of a patch.
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: Leo Famulari <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 May 2020 20:12:50 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2020-05-11 19:43, Leo Famulari wrote:
> On Mon, May 11, 2020 at 08:42:54PM +0200, Brice Waegeneire wrote:
>> +a subject, if your patch is to be applied on a branch other than 
>> master,
>> +say @code{core-updates}, specify it in the subject like @samp{[PATCH
> 
> Wrap both master and core-updates in @code? Or neither?
> 
> Otherwise LGTM!

I have wrapped master in @code, pushed as 
a1891cbffb9909d4a74faf242f28f0f2e998eb2f.

Thank you for the review Leo!

Subject: [PATCH] doc: Specify the branch name in the title of a patch.
From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 20:42:54 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

* doc/contributing.texi (Submitting Patches): Add branch name in the
title of a patch if different than master.
---
 doc/contributing.texi | 14 ++++++++------
 1 file changed, 8 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/doc/contributing.texi b/doc/contributing.texi
index 9583120742..618d9008cc 100644
--- a/doc/contributing.texi
+++ b/doc/contributing.texi
@@ -1083,12 +1083,14 @@ guix pull --url=/path/to/your/checkout --profile=/tmp/guix.master
 @end enumerate
 
 When posting a patch to the mailing list, use @samp{[PATCH] @dots{}} as
-a subject.  You may use your email client or the @command{git
-send-email} command (@pxref{Sending a Patch Series}).  We prefer to get
-patches in plain text messages, either inline or as MIME attachments.
-You are advised to pay attention if your email client changes anything
-like line breaks or indentation which could potentially break the
-patches.
+a subject, if your patch is to be applied on a branch other than master,
+say @code{core-updates}, specify it in the subject like @samp{[PATCH
+core-updates] @dots{}}.  You may use your email client or the
+@command{git send-email} command (@pxref{Sending a Patch Series}).  We
+prefer to get patches in plain text messages, either inline or as MIME
+attachments.  You are advised to pay attention if your email client
+changes anything like line breaks or indentation which could potentially
+break the patches.
 
 When a bug is resolved, please close the thread by sending an email to
 @email{@var{NNN}-done@@debbugs.gnu.org}.
-- 
2.26.2