Subject: [bug#41188] [PATCH] Do not propagate "emacs-org" in Emacs packages

From: Jelle Licht <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2020 18:02:03 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,
>
> The following patch removes dependency on upstream Org packages for
> Emacs packages.
>
> Feedback welcome.

You asked for it ;-).

On a more serious note, I have had _many_ issues with byte-compilation
of org-related anything over the years. Wouldn't this mean that the list
of packages that is touched by this patch will be byte-compiled using
the outdated org-mode that comes with Emacs?

Put another way, will all of these packages still work if I _do_ have
emacs-org installed in my profile?

 Thanks!

 - Jelle