Subject: Re: bug#41187: 28.0.50; Flipped text

From: Alan Third <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2020 21:11:23 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 12:40:31PM +0100, Wasim Abbas wrote:
> I thought since drawing buffers and rendering is such a core thing
> to emacs I wasn’t sure it will be anything else (like a package) but
> looks like it could be? Would you now think it's something to do
> with any package?

It's unlikely to be a package directly causing it, but it may be doing
something which causes a bug in Emacs itself to show.

> Is the standard disable each package one by one and see if it can be
> narrowed down to a single package the way to go forward now?

The usual way would be a binary search type strategy. Comment out half
your config, then see if you still have the problem, if not try the
other half. Then you half what remains, and repeat until you've found
the cause.

The problem is that it may be a combination of things that are causing
it, but at least it may give us a chance to get a minimal recipe to
replicate the bug.
-- 
Alan Third