Subject: bug#4117: 23.1; isearch + isearch-allow-scroll loses shift

From: Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 23:23:20 -0400

Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]> writes:

> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>>
>>> It works for me on MS Windows also, using an old Emacs 25 build.
>>> Following Alan's recipe gives the behavior he describes:
>>>
>>> > I have `isearch-allow-scroll' set to t, and I search for a word in
>>> > Isearch, which is found.  I then type C-S-right just once, and the next
>>> > word after what had been the highlighted search region gets highlighted
>>> > for me (in grey).  The Isearch operation is now terminated.
>
> Yes, that was my meaning, and it looks like it works fine even in
> v24.5.1.
>
>
>> Perhaps I misunderstood the original bug, but I thought the problem
>> was that when you C-S-right, the text that was highlighted with
>> isearch is no longer highlighted.
>>
>> Are you saying that that original selection that you were initially on
>> before the C-S-right is still highlighted, or are you saying it isn't,
>> and that's not a bug?
>
> My expectation (which is what it's doing now) is that a C-S-right would
> terminate isearch and select the next word.

OK, if that's the case, then it seems to me that this bug report is
either unreproducible, or (if I understand the report correctly) not a
bug in the first place.  I'll close as not a bug for now.