Subject: bug#4117: 23.1; isearch + isearch-allow-scroll loses shift

From: Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 23:50:48 -0400

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 8:57 PM, Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> It works for me on MS Windows also, using an old Emacs 25 build.
>> Following Alan's recipe gives the behavior he describes:
>>
>> > I have `isearch-allow-scroll' set to t, and I search for a word in
>> > Isearch, which is found.  I then type C-S-right just once, and the next
>> > word after what had been the highlighted search region gets highlighted
>> > for me (in grey).  The Isearch operation is now terminated.

Yes, that was my meaning, and it looks like it works fine even in
v24.5.1.

> Perhaps I misunderstood the original bug, but I thought the problem
> was that when you C-S-right, the text that was highlighted with
> isearch is no longer highlighted.
>
> Are you saying that that original selection that you were initially on
> before the C-S-right is still highlighted, or are you saying it isn't,
> and that's not a bug?

My expectation (which is what it's doing now) is that a C-S-right would
terminate isearch and select the next word.

-- 
                   ((x=>x(x))(x=>x(x)))                  Eli Barzilay:
                   http://barzilay.org/                  Maze is Life!