Subject: Re: bug#4117: 23.1; isearch + isearch-allow-scroll loses shift

From: Andrew Hyatt <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 00:57:51 +0000

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 10:36 AM Drew Adams <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > > I've tested this out on emacs 25 as well, and it still is an issue.
> >
> > For what it's worth, it works fine for me with the emacs-25 branch in
> > X-Windows (more precisely, XFCE).
>
> It works for me on MS Windows also, using an old Emacs 25 build.
> Following Alan's recipe gives the behavior he describes:

> > I have `isearch-allow-scroll' set to t, and I search for a word in
> > Isearch, which is found.  I then type C-S-right just once, and the next
> > word after what had been the highlighted search region gets highlighted
> > for me (in grey).  The Isearch operation is now terminated.
>

Perhaps I misunderstood the original bug, but I thought the problem was
that when you C-S-right, the text that was highlighted with isearch is no
longer highlighted.

Are you saying that that original selection that you were initially on
before the C-S-right is still highlighted, or are you saying it isn't, and
that's not a bug?