Subject: bug#4117: 23.1; isearch + isearch-allow-scroll loses shift

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: 19 Jun 2016 13:18:46 -0000

Hello, Andrew.

In article <[email-masked]> you wrote:

> I've tested this out on emacs 25 as well, and it still is an issue.

For what it's worth, it works fine for me with the emacs-25 branch in
X-Windows (more precisely, XFCE).  (Shift selection doesn't work at all
on my Linux virtual tty.)

I have `isearch-allow-scroll' set to t, and I search for a word in
Isearch, which is found.  I then type C-S-right just once, and the next
word after what had been the highlighted search region gets highlighted
for me (in grey).  The Isearch operation is now terminated.

> Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]> writes:

>> Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
>> and the precise symptoms of the bug:
>>
>>
>>   When `isearch-allow-scroll' is turned on, then exiting isearch with
>>   a movement command loses its "shift" status.  To see this, use
>>   isearch and look for some string, then hit C-S-right a few times and
>>   you will see that the first one does not starts a selection.
>>
>>
>> In GNU Emacs 23.1.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.10.14)
>>  of 2009-08-01 on winooski.ccs.neu.edu
>> Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10300000
>> configured using `configure  '--prefix=/home/eli/bin/local/emacs-dir''

[ .... ]

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).