Subject: bug#4117: 23.1; isearch + isearch-allow-scroll loses shift

From: Eli Barzilay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 23:17:09 -0400

On Aug 17, Juri Linkov wrote:
> >> It's interesting that after loading s-region.el, your reported case
> >> works correctly without fixes.
> >>
> >> So it seems the current core shift-selection is not the exact
> >> re-implementation of s-region.el.
> >
> > I still believe that the problem is somewhere in how
> > `isearch-other-meta-char' restores the key.  FWIW, here is my hack; I
> > can't even explain how it works since I was basically guessing my way
> > trying to get the stupid thing to work.
> >
> > At least in v22, this would cause the key that is used to exit isearch
> > to be replayed twice -- for example, using `C-x 2' would happen twice.
> > It just happens that I'm personally much more likely to shift-arrow my
> > way out of isearch than I am to splitting the window.
> 
> Could you try the following hack:
> [...]

Yes, this works.  (But not on v22, of course.)

(And re what I said above, the duplication that I've had on `C-x 2' is
unrelated.)

-- 
          ((lambda (x) (x x)) (lambda (x) (x x)))          Eli Barzilay:
                    http://barzilay.org/                   Maze is Life!