Subject: [bug#41143] [PATCH v2 2/2] mapped-devices: Add 'lvm-device-mapping'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 Oct 2020 12:34:47 +0200

Mikhail Tsykalov <[email-masked]> skribis:

> * gnu/system/mapped-devices.scm (lvm-device-mapping, open-lvm-device,
> close-lvm-device): New variables.
>
> * gnu/tests/install.scm (%lvm-separate-home-os,
> %lvm-separate-home-os-source, %lvm-separate-home-installation-script,
> %test-lvm-separate-home-os): New variables.
>
> * gnu/system/linux-initrd.scm (raw-initrd): Add (srfi srfi-1) to initrd expression.

Nice!

> +++ b/gnu/system/linux-initrd.scm
> @@ -217,6 +217,7 @@ upon error."
>                        (gnu system file-systems)
>                        ((guix build utils) #:hide (delete))
>                        (guix build bournish)   ;add the 'bournish' meta-command
> +                      (srfi srfi-1)

Maybe add a comment saying this is for ‘lvm-device-mapping’.

> +(define %test-lvm-separate-home-os
> +  (system-test
> +   (name "lvm-separate-home-os")
> +   (description
> +    "Test functionality of an OS installed with a LVM /home partition")

Great.

Do you know what it would take to have a LVM on root?  (As future work,
of course.)

Could you document ‘lvm-device-mapping’ under “Mapped Devices” in
doc/guix.texi?  Essentially adding a @defvr for ‘lvm-device-mapping’ and
a paragraph with an example.

There’s also a sentence somewhere in guix.texi that says LVM is not
supported, we can probably remove it.  :-)

Last: you can add an entry in etc/news.scm to mention LVM support since
that’s a long awaited feature!

Thanks!

Ludo’.