Subject: Re: bug#41133: 28.0.50; Respect browse-url user options in shr/eww

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 16:42:04 +0300

> From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Sat, 09 May 2020 14:27:27 +0100
> 
> > This would need a NEWS entry.
> 
> Right.  How's the following?

Thanks.

> ++++
> +*** The command 'shr-browse-url' now supports custom mailto handlers.
> +Clicking on or otherwise following a 'mailto:' link in a HTML buffer
> +rendered by SHR previously invoked the command 'browse-url-mailto'.
> +This is still the case by default, but which function is invoked can
> +now be customized via the user options 'browse-url-mailto-function'
> +and 'browse-url-handlers'.

I'd rephrase the last sentence like this:

  This is still the case by default, but if you customized
  'browse-url-mailto-function' to call some other function, it will
  now be called instead of the default.

Also, the "+++" means the change is documented in some manual, but no
changes for the manual are part of the patch, so I guess you meant
"---" instead.

> +** EWW
> +
> ++++
> +*** The command 'eww-follow-link' now supports custom mailto handlers.
> +Clicking on or otherwise following a 'mailto:' link in an EWW buffer
> +previously invoked the command 'browse-url-mailto'.  This is still the
> +case by default, but which function is invoked can now be customized
> +via the user options 'browse-url-mailto-function' and
> +'browse-url-handlers'.

Maybe we should point to the SHR entry instead of repeating almost the
same text.