Subject: Re: bug#41133: 28.0.50; Respect browse-url user options in shr/eww

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 09:18:43 +0200

"Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]> writes:

> X-Debbugs-Cc: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
> Severity: wishlist
> Tags: patch
>
> The commands shr-browse-url and eww-follow-link currently pass mailto
> URLs directly to browse-url-mail, which doesn't respect the user options
> browse-url-handlers and browse-url-mailto-function.
>
> Can't/shouldn't the commands call browse-url instead?
> WDYT of the attached patch that does this?

Looks good to me (I just looked at the parts calling browse-url), and I
think it won't change any behavior unless the user customizes
browse-url-handlers to catch mailto links with his own function instead
of the default one in browse-url-default-handlers (which in turn just
calls browse-url-mailto-function).

BTW: I didn't know about function-put.  Should that be preferred to put?
I've tested that put/get also work with #'function, so where's the
difference?

Bye,
Tassilo