Subject: Re: bug#41130: outline-mode: Add new commands like org-cycle and org=global-cycle

From: Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2020 20:51:30 +0200

Robert Pluim <[email-masked]> writes:

>>>>>> On Wed, 13 May 2020 09:13:14 +0200, Tassilo Horn <[email-masked]> said:
>
>     Tassilo> PS: On a related note, I think there should be some
>     Tassilo> standard facility for defining keys depending on the
>     Tassilo> context.  If Stefan hadn't shown me the
>     Tassilo> menu-item-with-:filter trick some years ago, I would
>     Tassilo> probably not found out myself.
>
> You can set a 'keymap property on buffer text. Of course then you have
> to make sure that the property is kept up to date....

Yes, that's not something which could be done easily for users.  And it
restricts dispatch to where point is on.  FWIW, in my uses of
th/define-context-key I also dispatch on the syntax at point or even
last-command-event in order to do something else when hitting the key
twice.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this bug report.

Bye,
Tassilo