Subject: bug#41120: uvesafb service is unsupported on aarch64

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 00:43:34 +0200

Hi Mathieu,

Mathieu Othacehe <[email-masked]> skribis:

> Here's a rebased version of Ludo's patch. I'm not sure about the merge
> resolution in "lower-object", but otherwise it works fine!

I took another look, and you’re right, it does the job.  There were a
couple of issues: returning a self-quoting value as in

  (let-system s s)

wouldn’t work, and also caching wasn’t quite right (could be seen by
comparing GUIX_PROFILING="add-data-to-store-cache object-cache" before
and after).

Anyway, it took me much more time than I thought, but it’s here now:

  502f609d05 vm: Use 'let-system'.
  300a54bb98 utils: 'target-arm32?' & co. take an optional parameter.
  644cb40cd8 gexp: Add 'let-system'.
  d03001a31a gexp: Compilers can now return lowerable objects.

Let me know how it goes!

Ludo’.