Subject: bug#41100: emacs-27 7081c1d: Fix typos in the Emacs user manual

From: Sebastian Urban <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 11:34:39 +0200

> The preferred Unicode spelling these days is “Baháʼí” (with U+02BC 
MODIFIED
 > LETTER APOSTROPHE). However, although Texinfo can handle that 
character and puts
 > it into info files, the character doesn’t survive transliteration 
to TeX (it
 > gets lost). I don't know whether this is a bug in Texinfo or in 
TeX, but anyway
 > we need to work around it if we're going to use the correct spelling.

AND from patch:
 > +@iftex
 > +@c TeX mishandles ʼ (U+02BC MODIFIER LETTER APOSTROPHE), so 
approximate
 > +@c it with ', which TeX renders as a right single quotation mark.
 > +@set Bahai Bahá'í
 > +@end iftex

When I put this "modified letter apostrophe" alone in calendar.texi
and build PDF, in emacs.log the following line appear: "Unicode char
@u8:ʼ not defined for Texinfo", so perhaps it is Texinfo that
"mishandles" the apostrophe, not TeX.

S. U.