Subject: Re: bug#41099: 28.0.50; TRAMP process-file ignores exit status of remote process

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2020 14:19:26 +0200

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Michael,

Hi Dmitry,

> On 14.05.2020 18:49, Michael Albinus wrote:
>> I understand (and sympathize) both positions. However, Tramp has
>> returned for decades no strings for process-file, so I don't expect any
>> code in the wild which expects this.
>
> But is there code in the wild that expects the _current_ behavior?

Don't know. But at least Philipp has reported this inconsistency, so
there are prople who care.

> It sounds rather odd to me, given that such code would only be
> intended to run on remote systems, but never on the local one. Is that
> about right?

Emacs has no problem to detect, whether a local process has been
interrupted by a signal. It does it on C level.

Best regards, Michael.