Subject: Re: bug#41097: 28.0.50; (dired-toggle-marks) not working after copy

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 08:00:54 +0300

* Michael Heerdegen <[email-masked]> [2020-05-10 04:11]:
> Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Problem is explained, after copy of marked files in the neighboring
> > window, the key `t' for `dired-toggle-marks' don't work, as `t' is not
> > marking those files in the neighboring window.
> 
> Ok, you have that copied file in that other window you then switch to.
> That file has the C mark.  It is the only file in that directory.  Now
> you hit t to toggle.  Nothing changes.  Is that all correct?  Because
> what you have described so far is the expected behavior, so either we
> are missing something, or you must please elaborate what different
> behavior you expected.

One file or many files, I cannot use `t' after copy of files.

You say it is expected behavior, where is it described?

The key `t' says:

It is bound to t, * t, <menu-bar> <mark> <toggle-marks>.

(dired-toggle-marks)

Why does `t' does not work on files flagged with C?

Do you know?

Jean