Subject: bug#41086: Corrcted patch for bug #41086

From: Chris McMahan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 17:01:14 -0400

I apologize. The patch I sent WRT bug #41086 was the wrong (nonfunctioning)
version.
Here is a resend of the message, with the correct patch and log:

When executing the function `package-list-packages', the column widths are
too narrow, cutting off a significant portion of the package names.

This minor patch adds three variables that can be set by the user to adjust
the width of each column within the package list.

Changelog entry
--------------------------------
2020-05-04  Chris McMahan  <[email-masked]>

* package.el ((define-derived-mode package-menu-mode tabulated-list-mode
"Package Menu"):
User can now adjust column widths of the package list by setting the values
of the following:
package-name-column-width (defaults to 30 columns)
package-version-column-width (14 column)
package-status-column-width (12 columns)
--------------------------------

Patch is attached:

-- 
*Chris McMahan <[email-masked] <[email-masked]>>*