Subject: bug#41082: nomodeset

From: Brice Waegeneire <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 19:44:06 +0000

Hello,

On 2020-05-06 20:53, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
[...]

> Maybe that's premature and we could use etc-service-type in the mean 
> time.
> However, if a kernel-module-configuration-service appeared later then 
> users
> would have to migrate to it manually.  Not great.
> 
>> > kernel-module-configuration-service if/when it exists.  (I did not
>> > know how to extend etc-service-type with a file created at runtime not
>> > build time, but maybe kernel-module-configuration-service works
>> > differently anyway.)
> 
> I think Brice already had a nice mockup for the design, but I don't 
> know whether
> Brice plans to do it or not.  Brice?

I don't have code for the kernel-module-configuration-service yet but 
since use
cases for this service come up every few weeks it may be time to 
implement it.
I'll work on it in the coming days.

Cheers,
- Brice