Subject: make-frame with internal-border face not working

From: 王凯 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2020 15:30:09 +0800

Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
--text follows this line--

(defface test
  '((t (:inherit default :background "green")))
  "Face used by the ivy-posframe."
  :group 'ivy-posframe)

(set-face-background
'internal-border
(face-attribute 'test :background)
(make-frame `((internal-border-width . 100)
               (parent-frame . ,(window-frame)))))

(set-face-background
'internal-border
(face-attribute 'test :background)
(make-frame `((internal-border-width . 100))))

Eval code above in emacs, internal-border-width works but the
:background not.

In GNU Emacs 26.3 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin19.3.0, NS appkit-1894.30 Version 10.15.3 (Build 19D76))
of 2020-05-04 built on venus
Windowing system distributor 'Apple', version 10.3.1894
Recent messages:
Reformatted!
Indenting region...done
Already formatted
Mark set
Saving file /Users/kai/.dotfiles/emacs/.emacs.d/lisp/init-base.el...
Wrote /Users/kai/.dotfiles/emacs/.emacs.d/lisp/init-base.el
(No changes need to be saved) [4 times]
Quit
Switched to ‘scratch’ state
Undo branch point! [3 times]
next-line: End of buffer [8 times]
Configured using:
'configure --disable-dependency-tracking --disable-silent-rules
--enable-locallisppath=/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp
--infodir=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus/26.3/share/info/emacs
--prefix=/usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus/26.3 --with-xml2 --without-dbus
--with-gnutls --with-imagemagick --with-modules --with-rsvg --with-ns
--disable-ns-self-contained'

Configured features:
JPEG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK GLIB NOTIFY ACL GNUTLS LIBXML2 ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS NS MODULES THREADS LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_CN.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  diredfl-global-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  paredit-mode: t
  hl-todo-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  midnight-mode: t
  persp-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  which-key-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  state-global-mode: t
  state-mode: t
  helm-descbinds-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  helm-autoresize-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  global-page-break-lines-mode: t
  page-break-lines-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  global-anzu-mode: t
  anzu-mode: t
  eval-sexp-fu-flash-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  super-save-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/Users/kai/.emacs.d/elpa-26.3/cmake-mode-20190710.1319/cmake-mode hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/cmake/cmake-mode
/Users/kai/.emacs.d/elpa-26.3/password-store-20200328.1214/password-store hides /usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp/pass/password-store
/Users/kai/.emacs.d/elpa-26.3/auth-source-pass-20191126.1242/auth-source-pass hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus/26.3/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/auth-source-pass
~/.emacs.d/lisp/loaddefs hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus/26.3/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/loaddefs
/Users/kai/.emacs.d/elpa-26.3/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /usr/local/Cellar/emacs-plus/26.3/share/emacs/26.3/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow sort bbdb-message mail-extr hippie-exp erc-hl-nicks color
erc-button erc-fill erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat
emacsbug message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec gnus-util rmail
rmail-loaddefs mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail mail-utils
helm-command executable winner diredfl ls-lisp dired dired-loaddefs
init-helm-dwim helm-x-files helm-for-files helm-bookmark helm-adaptive
bookmark pp helm-external helm-net browse-url xml url url-proxy
url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history url-cookie url-domsuf
url-util mailcap helm-ls-git vc-git diff-mode vc vc-dispatcher helm-ring
helm-elisp helm-eval edebug helm-info misearch multi-isearch format-all
language-id rect ido-completing-read+ memoize cus-edit cus-start
cus-load minibuf-eldef paredit hl-todo company-oddmuse company-keywords
company-gtags company-dabbrev-code company-dabbrev company-files
company-capf company-cmake company-xcode company-clang company-semantic
company-eclim company-template company-bbdb company-ctags find-file
company pcase undo-tree diff midnight perspective ido yasnippet-snippets
yasnippet elec-pair jka-compr server init-evil init-keybindings
init-other-tools vlf-setup init-emms init-news init-gnus init-email bbdb
bbdb-site timezone image-file init-eshell shell-pop term disp-table
ehelp init-documentation which-key init-translate init-flyspell
init-writting init-ide init-lsp init-web init-lang init-conf
init-functional init-rust init-go init-python virtualenvwrapper gud s
init-git init-projectile helm-projectile projectile ibuf-ext ibuffer
ibuffer-loaddefs init-state state init-flycheck flycheck json map
find-func dash init-yasnippet init-auto-complete init-helm
helm-descbinds helm-xref xref project init-helm-ui helm-mode helm-files
helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate helm-grep wgrep-helm wgrep
grep compile helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm-config
helm-easymenu async-bytecomp helm helm-source helm-multi-match helm-lib
async subr-x init-window windmove init-buffer init-dired init-appearance
default-dark-theme init-modeline page-break-lines init-editor init-tramp
docker-tramp tramp-cache tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver
shell pcomplete comint ansi-color ring parse-time format-spec anzu
thingatpt cl-extra eval-sexp-fu init-base init-preference savehist
saveplace super-save autorevert filenotify delsel paren recentf
tree-widget wid-edit epa-file epa derived epg dim no-littering bind-key
easy-mmode exec-path-from-shell auto-compile packed init-package
autoload quelpa mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047
rfc2045 mm-util ietf-drums mail-prsvr lisp-mnt help-fns radix-tree
help-mode finder-inf ede/auto tex-site fix-word gh-common marshal
eieio-compat slime-autoloads rx advice info package easymenu epg-config
url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs
eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars seq byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv init-utils global-variables edmacro kmacro
cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel term/ns-win ns-win ucs-normalize
mule-util term/common-win tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe
tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core
term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932
hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic
chinese composite charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook
help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs
button faces cus-face macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads kqueue cocoa ns lcms2 multi-tty make-network-process
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 625219 428710)
(symbols 48 48673 10)
(miscs 40 113 633)
(strings 32 155960 70216)
(string-bytes 1 4564328)
(vectors 16 76895)
(vector-slots 8 1254498 288474)
(floats 8 344 650)
(intervals 56 1479 391)
(buffers 992 15))