Subject: bug#41060: [PATCH] Use write-region when saving recentf file

From: [email-masked] (Philip K.)
Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 23:22:48 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: [email-masked] (Philip K.)
>> Date: Sun, 03 May 2020 18:43:01 +0200
>> 
>> This patch does just that, replacing write-file with write-region,
>> because I argue that an automatically generated file doesn't need
>> backups.
>
> Not even one backup?

No, as seems to be the default with other auto-generated files.

> Also, why impose this change on everyone, when backups for a specific
> file can be disabled by the user at will?

I understand the argument, but I don't see why anyone would be
interested in backups for a file they don't actually visit + it's
appears to be inconsistent behaviour, as mentioned above.

-- 
	Philip K.