Subject: bug#41058: GNOME Maps fails to start in GNOME

From: Jack Hill <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 23:57:24 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 10 May 2020, Marius Bakke wrote:

> sirgazil via Bug reports for GNU Guix <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I still can reproduce the problem though, in both real and virtual machines.
>
> Oh, I had missed that you mentioned it worked from a terminal (it did
> not for me on i3).
>
> I hope one of the GNOME users around here can have a look.

I think that this is probably the same issue as: 
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/issue/39324

In that case the problem application was GNOME-Weather. Pierre worked 
around it there by calling the executable directly in the .desktop files 
rather than using gapplication launch…

It would be nice to figure out what's going wrong with gapplication launch 
though.

Should the issues be merged?

Best,
Jack