Subject: Re: [bug#41056] [PATCH 2/2] gnu: nix: Update to 2.3.4.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 05 May 2020 20:53:10 +0000

Hi Marius,

On 2020-05-05 17:48, Marius Bakke wrote:
> Giacomo Leidi <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> * gnu/packages/package-management.scm (nix): Update to 2.3.4,
>> [native-inputs]: Add autoconf, autoconf-archive, automake, bison and 
>> flex,
>> [inputs]: Add boost, brotli, editline.
> 
> The new native-inputs are weird.  Do you know why they are needed?
> Typically those are only necessary when building from a git checkout,
> not for release tarballs.

Of course they are strange, I was trying to use the Git checkout 
initially because of the wonderful support offered by SWH in storing Git 
repositories but eventually I changed my mind and forgot to remove them 
:(.

I fixed this and the problems in the other patch and I'm going to send 
an updated version.

Thanks for your review,

Giacomo