Subject: Re: bug#41021: [PATCH] New command apropos-function

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Aug 2020 14:04:46 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

> I've often found myself reaching for 'apropos-function' command, and
> found it strange that it was missing.  This typically would happen by
> saying M-x apropos- TAB.  So now I got frustrated again and I decided
> to bite the bullet and implement it.

[...]

> +;;;###autoload
> +(defun apropos-function (pattern)
> +  "Show functions that match PATTERN.
> +
> +PATTERN can be a word, a list of words (separated by spaces),

There was some disagreement whether this duplicates apropos-command
unnecessarily, but I think (as I think most of the people who commented)
that this seems useful -- it helps with discovery, which I think is a
good thing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no