Subject: Re: bug#41008: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 04 May 2020 13:46:13 +0200

pillule <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hello,

Hi,

> When I use tramp and dired to a remote machine, and for some reason,
> dired must ask for a confirmation (overwrite, large file etc…), I
> never see the demand and have no possibility to answer it.
> The only trace of this is in the *message* buffer.
>
> So, the task did not finish. An emacs buffer wait indefinitly an
> answer. And nothing than the lack of result indicate to the user that
> it is not working.

I've tried to reproduce it with Emacs 26.3. I started in a shell with

# touch /tmp/x /tmp/y

Afterwards, I called "emacs -Q /ssh::/tmp". Moved the cursor in dired to
file x, pressed key "C", confirmed file "/ssh:hostname:/tmp/y" to be
overwritten. The echo area shows

Overwrite ‘/ssh:hostname:/tmp/y’? [Type yn!q or C-h] 

as expected. Could you pls try the same scenario? Important is to start
"emacs -Q".

Best regards, Michael.