Subject: Re: bug#41008: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:38:19 +0200

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> “ssh : cannot connect to host hostname port 22 : connexion refused”
>>> This is a normal behavior since I have installed a ssh server only on
>>> my remote machine and not my local one.
>>
>> You should use "/ssh:USER@HOSTNAME:", with USER and HOSTNAME being your
>> remote user and host.
>
> That was in May, and I see no updates since.  From reading the thread,
> it seems like this was a configuration error or otherwise an error in
> how Tramp was used?
>
> Should this therefore be closed?

Yes. I do it herewith. In case there are further problems, a reply to
this message would be sufficient.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.