Subject: bug#41008: closed (Re: bug#41008: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 14:39:02 +0000

Your bug report

#41008: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
41008: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=41008
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#41008: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Cc: pillule <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2020 16:38:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]> writes:

>>> “ssh : cannot connect to host hostname port 22 : connexion refused”
>>> This is a normal behavior since I have installed a ssh server only on
>>> my remote machine and not my local one.
>>
>> You should use "/ssh:USER@HOSTNAME:", with USER and HOSTNAME being your
>> remote user and host.
>
> That was in May, and I see no updates since.  From reading the thread,
> it seems like this was a configuration error or otherwise an error in
> how Tramp was used?
>
> Should this therefore be closed?

Yes. I do it herewith. In case there are further problems, a reply to
this message would be sufficient.

> Best regards,
> Stefan Kangas

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 26.1; tramp/dired confirmation trapped
From: pillule <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 01 May 2020 19:26:21 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hello,

When I use tramp and dired to a remote machine, and for some reason,
dired must ask for a confirmation (overwrite, large file etc…), I
never see the demand and have no possibility to answer it.
The only trace of this is in the *message* buffer.

So, the task did not finish. An emacs buffer wait indefinitly an
answer. And nothing than the lack of result indicate to the user that
it is not working.

In GNU Emacs 26.1 (build 2, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.24.5)
 of 2019-09-23, modified by Debian built on x86-grnet-01
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12004000
System Description:	Debian GNU/Linux 10 (buster)

Recent messages:
(New file)
Mark set
[mu4e] ...
[mu4e] Switched context to pillulr
[mu4e] org-mu4e-compose-org-mode enabled; press M-m before issuing message-mode commands
Starting new Ispell process aspell with en_GB dictionary...
Mark set [3 times]
Type M-x mail-send to send bug report.
[mu4e] Started mu4e with 4786 messages in store
[mu4e] Contacts received: 10957

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --build
 x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/26.1/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-sound=alsa --without-gconf --with-mailutils --with-x=yes
 --with-x-toolkit=gtk3 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -fdebug-prefix-map=/build/emacs-StqULU/emacs-26.1+1=. -fstack-protector-strong
 -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time
 -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2' LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG RSVG IMAGEMAGICK SOUND GPM DBUS GSETTINGS NOTIFY
ACL LIBSELINUX GNUTLS LIBXML2 FREETYPE M17N_FLT LIBOTF XFT ZLIB
TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK3 X11 THREADS LIBSYSTEMD LCMS2

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  goto-address-prog-mode: t
  ivy-posframe-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  subword-mode: t
  company-prescient-mode: t
  company-mode: t
  electric-pair-mode: t
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  dired-async-mode: t
  ivy-rich-mode: t
  ivy-prescient-mode: t
  ivy-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  projectile-mode: t
  prescient-persist-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  linum-relative-mode: t
  linum-mode: t
  global-hl-line-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/nadvice-0.3/nadvice hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/nadvice
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/map-2.1/map hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/map
/home/user/.emacs.d/elpa/let-alist-1.0.6/let-alist hides /usr/share/emacs/26.1/lisp/emacs-lisp/let-alist

Features:
(shadow org-rmail org-mhe org-irc org-info org-gnus nnir gnus-sum
gnus-group gnus-undo gnus-start gnus-cloud nnimap nnmail mail-source tls
gnutls utf7 netrc nnoo gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
org-docview org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org-w3m flyspell ispell
face-remap emacsbug pulse goto-addr whitespace elfeed-goodies-logging
elfeed-goodies-new-entry-hooks mm-url gnus nnheader
elfeed-goodies-split-pane popwin elfeed-goodies-show-mode ace-jump-mode
noflet cl-indent elfeed-goodies-search-mode elfeed-goodies elfeed-org
elfeed-show elfeed-search bookmark shr svg dom elfeed-csv elfeed
elfeed-curl url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history
url-cookie url-domsuf elfeed-log elfeed-db elfeed-lib url-util url-queue
xml-query xml epa-file org-mu4e mu4e mu4e-speedbar speedbar sb-image
ezimage dframe mu4e-main mu4e-view mu4e-headers mu4e-compose
mu4e-context mu4e-draft mu4e-actions org-capture ido rfc2368 mu4e-mark
mu4e-message flow-fill html2text mu4e-proc mu4e-utils doc-view jka-compr
image-mode mu4e-lists mu4e-vars message rmc puny rfc822 mml mml-sec epa
epg gnus-util rmail rmail-loaddefs mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader mu4e-meta smtpmail
sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils
org-mime ox-org ox-md ox-latex ox-html table ox-ascii ox-publish ox
org-sidebar org-ql-view transient ov org-super-agenda ht crm org-ql peg
ts org-habit org-agenda dash-functional ivy-posframe posframe mailcap
move-text hydra lv disp-table dashboard dashboard-widgets
page-break-lines desktop frameset rainbow-delimiters autorevert
filenotify mark-multiple smart-hungry-delete company-shell slime-company
slime-fancy slime-trace-dialog slime-fontifying-fu slime-package-fu
slime-references slime-compiler-notes-tree slime-scratch
slime-presentations bridge slime-macrostep macrostep slime-mdot-fu
slime-enclosing-context slime-fuzzy slime-fancy-trace
slime-fancy-inspector slime-c-p-c slime-editing-commands slime-autodoc
slime-repl elp slime-parse slime derived company-dabbrev-code
company-dabbrev cap-words superword subword gud apropos etags arc-mode
archive-mode pp hyperspec browse-url company-irony company-template
irony-completion irony-snippet irony irony-iotask company-c-headers
flycheck-clang-analyzer flycheck-package flycheck json company-prescient
company skeleton package-lint rx let-alist imenu finder lisp-mnt
yasnippet-snippets yasnippet elec-pair saveplace savehist tramp-cache
tramp-sh tramp tramp-compat tramp-loaddefs trampver ucs-normalize shell
parse-time recentf tree-widget dired-async dired-aux async find-dired
wgrep counsel xdg xref project dired dired-loaddefs swiper ivy-rich
ivy-prescient map ivy delsel colir ivy-overlay projectile grep compile
ibuf-ext ibuffer ibuffer-loaddefs thingatpt prescient org-bullets
org-element avl-tree generator org org-macro org-footnote org-pcomplete
pcomplete org-list org-faces org-entities noutline outline org-version
ob-emacs-lisp ob ob-tangle org-src ob-ref ob-lob ob-table ob-keys ob-exp
ob-comint comint ansi-color ring ob-core ob-eval org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs format-spec find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
htmlize cl use-package-bind-key bind-key easy-mmode paren beacon
use-package-delight linum-relative linum display-line-numbers hl-line
time minimal-theme edmacro kmacro cus-edit cus-start cus-load wid-edit
pcase spaceline-config spaceline-segments s spaceline subr-x powerline
powerline-separators color powerline-themes dash delight advice cl-extra
help-mode use-package-ensure use-package-core finder-inf slime-autoloads
info package easymenu epg-config url-handlers url-parse auth-source
cl-seq eieio eieio-core cl-macs eieio-loaddefs password-cache url-vars
seq byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv cl-loaddefs cl-lib time-date
mule-util tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame cl-generic cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite charscript charprop
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev obarray minibuffer
cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face macroexp files
text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule
custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 861620 54281)
 (symbols 48 77855 50)
 (miscs 40 558 520)
 (strings 32 224018 10404)
 (string-bytes 1 7088159)
 (vectors 16 89819)
 (vector-slots 8 1597425 19722)
 (floats 8 702 653)
 (intervals 56 2269 238)
 (buffers 992 17))

--