Subject: Re: bug#41006: 26.3; regular expressions documentation

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2020 22:41:51 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > If I go up one node, to (elisp) Searching and Matching, I can see:

  > * Regular Expressions::   Describing classes of strings.
  > * Regexp Search::         Searching for a match for a regexp.

  > So I suggest to move "Regexp Search" so that it is a section under
  > "Regular Expressions" (instead of parallel to it).

It seems to me that the syntax of regular expressions and how to do
things with regular expressions ought to be two parallel topics.  If
this needs to be clarified, rather than making one a subnode of the
other, could we make some OTHER change that would do the job?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)