Subject: Re: bug#41006: 26.3; regular expressions documentation

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2020 23:40:27 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > 1. Suggest emacs' excellent documentation should not distinguish between
  > Regexps and Regexp Backslash in the manual.
  > That is, these 2 should be combined:

When a node is too long, browsing in Info becomes inconvenient.
Therefore, we look for a reading way to split up the node.

We found that way to split up the node on regexps.
There is no logical _need_ to split the topic that way, but it is not
unreasonable, so it was a valid solution to the overlongness.

I expect that many nodes are too long now, and we should look for
reasonable ways to split them.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)