Subject: bug#41006: 26.3; regular expressions documentation

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 23:56:00 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > I don't know if this is relevant, but I'd *mentally* place  Regexp
  > Search as a subtype of Search, from a purely classification POV.

In the Lisp manual, regexps are in the Searching and Matching chapter,
so it is already in the right place.

  > But crucially being able to do so just by itself does not solve the
  > 'marooned on one island' problem.The user has to have some way of
  > knowing there is a *more*.

Unless you're at the end of the index, there is _always_ more.
SPC will take you through the whole manual if you keep typing it.

At some point SPC will take you to some other topic, and that tells
you there was no more of the the topic you were looking at.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)