Subject: Re: bug#41006: 26.3; regular expressions documentation

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 May 2020 23:48:08 -0400

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > > IOW, separate using regexps (searching and matching)
  > > from details about what regexps are and what their
  > > syntax is.

  > This is the exact opposite of what I proposed, I think.

  > I argued that keeping them together would be more user-friendly and
  > pedagogical.  Could you expand on why keeping them separate is better,
  > in your opinion?

I have a hunch that you are miscommunicating using "separate" and
"together" in slightly different ways, and that you don't really
disagree much.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)