Subject: Re: bug#41005: problem with rendering Persian text in Emacs 27

From: "Basil L. Contovounesios" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2020 12:07:52 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: hossein valizadeh <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2020 09:16:53 +0430
>> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
>> 	Nicholas Drozd <[email-masked]>
>> 
>> The eww problem is solved, but the problem still there, when I enable auto-fill-mode or
>> column-number-mode.
>> 
>> Please look at this video file for a better understanding:
>> http://s13.picofile.com/d/8399189550/7eeb413f-0df7-4da6-9db1-1632c9fc749f/out.mkv
>> https://filebin.net/mzmjm74lp7wsxr8e
>> https://gofile.io/d/H8xk26
>
> I cannot play this on my system, I see a bunch of ads (or what looks
> like ads), and the name of a .mkv file.

On the first page, you need to click twice the red button with the link
icon that according to my beginner-level reading of Perso-Arabic script
says "[something] link download".

That said, the easiest way for me to download the file was from the
third gofile link.  (All three links point to the same file AFAICT.)

If you're not able to play .mkv on Windows I think VLC supports it OOTB
(but I haven't used Windows in almost a decade so YMMV).

The large screen resolution of the screencast makes it a bit hard for me
to tell what's going on on my 14" laptop, though.

HTH,

-- 
Basil