Subject: bug#41005: problem with rendering Persian text in Emacs 27

From: hossein valizadeh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2020 07:31:21 +0430

Hello,

1. This happen with every font that supports Arabic.
2. When scale back to zero the problem happen again.

I attached my emacs-bug-info.

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020 at 7:09 AM hossein valizadeh <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> 1. This happen with every font that supports Arabic.
> 2. When scale back to zero the problem happen again.
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2020 at 10:32 PM Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> > From: Nicholas Drozd <[email-masked]>
>> > Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:24:30 -0500
>> >
>> > Not certain, but this sounds like it could be related to bug#37683
>> > [1]. That report was closed because it does not seem to be an EWW
>> > problem, but the issue still shows up for me.
>> >
>> > To recap, the problem there is that Arabic script letters, which are
>> > typically joined together in a cursive style, show up separated and
>> > unconnected, if and only if text scaling is at zero. If the text is
>> > made larger or smaller, the text becomes properly joined. This leads
>> > me to suspect that it is not a Harfbuzz issue, because the text is
>> > displayed correctly under some conditions but not under others.
>>
>> It happens to you with any font that supports Arabic, or just with
>> some?
>>
>> And if you change the scale, then change it back to zero, does the
>> problem happen again, or does it only happen when you look at some
>> text for the first time?
>>
>