Subject: bug#41005: problem with rendering Persian text in Emacs 27

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2020 21:01:53 +0300

> From: Nicholas Drozd <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 12:24:30 -0500
> 
> Not certain, but this sounds like it could be related to bug#37683
> [1]. That report was closed because it does not seem to be an EWW
> problem, but the issue still shows up for me.
> 
> To recap, the problem there is that Arabic script letters, which are
> typically joined together in a cursive style, show up separated and
> unconnected, if and only if text scaling is at zero. If the text is
> made larger or smaller, the text becomes properly joined. This leads
> me to suspect that it is not a Harfbuzz issue, because the text is
> displayed correctly under some conditions but not under others.

It happens to you with any font that supports Arabic, or just with
some?

And if you change the scale, then change it back to zero, does the
problem happen again, or does it only happen when you look at some
text for the first time?