Subject: bug#41005: problem with rendering Persian text in Emacs 27

From: Amin Bandali <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2020 12:44:36 -0400

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

[...]
>
> OK, thanks.  Now everything is clear: at the time we discussed this,
> almost 2 months ago, Pip Cet proposed a patch, which I asked him to
> install.  But it turns out it was never actually installed, and so
> this particular situation was indeed not fixed.
>

Oh, I see!

>
> I have now installed that patch on the emacs-27 branch, and the
> problem is gone.
>

I tried cherry picking them onto master in my local checkout, and they
do seem to fix the issue!  Looking forward to them eventually getting
properly merged into master using the script.  Thanks again for your
help and patience, Eli.