Subject: 28.0.50; Bracket mismatch

From: John <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 17:18:59 +0100

Just attempted to pull master and build

.......
  GEN      loaddefs.el
jsonrpc.el:0:0: error: scan-error: (Unbalanced parentheses 14754 32337)
make[2]: *** [Makefile:200: loaddefs.el] Error 255
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs/lisp'
make[1]: *** [Makefile:794: ../lisp/loaddefs.el] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/jpff/GNU/emacs/src'
make: *** [Makefile:424: src] Error 2

In GNU Emacs 28.0.50 (build 117, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.32, cairo version 1.15.10)
 of 2020-04-30 built on xenakis
Repository revision: 060dda75e5e106f64391c9ad98e47d79538e0073
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12003000
System Description: openSUSE Leap 15.1

Recent messages:
Preparing diary...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Local Ispell dictionary set to british
Loading mail-extr...done
Starting new Ispell process /usr/bin/ispell with british dictionary...done
Parsing /home/jpff/.mailrc... done
funcall-interactively: Buffer is read-only: #<buffer *Fancy Diary Entries*>
Making completion list...
Source file ‘/home/jpff/GNU/emacs/lisp/emacs-lisp/bytecomp.el’ newer than byte-compiled file; using older file
Loading dired-add...done

Configured using:
 'configure --without-gnutls'

Configured features:
XPM JPEG TIFF GIF PNG CAIRO SOUND GSETTINGS GLIB NOTIFY INOTIFY
LIBXML2 FREETYPE HARFBUZZ ZLIB TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS GTK2 X11 XDBE XIM
MODULES THREADS PDUMPER GMP

Important settings:
  value of $LC_CTYPE: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Diary

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  buffer-read-only: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow emacsbug message rmc puny dired dired-loaddefs format-spec
rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg epg-config gnus-util
rmail rmail-loaddefs text-property-search time-date subr-x seq
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode
mail-parse rfc2231 gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib filecache
mailabbrev flyspell mailalias mailcrypt mail-extr comint ansi-color
ring ispell sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils delsel cus-start cus-load image-file crypt crypt++
crypt+pgp-pub paren view mule-util cal-china cal-bahai cal-islam
cal-hebrew cal-julian lunar solar cal-dst appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs holidays hol-loaddefs cal-menu easymenu calendar
cal-loaddefs time tooltip eldoc electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar
dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode elisp-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
cl-generic cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai
tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian
slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite
charscript charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev obarray cl-preloaded nadvice loaddefs button faces cus-face
macroexp files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
threads inotify dynamic-setting system-font-setting
font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 81344 6205)
 (symbols 48 9461 1)
 (strings 32 26360 734)
 (string-bytes 1 858863)
 (vectors 16 13942)
 (vector-slots 8 240947 11262)
 (floats 8 528 821)
 (intervals 56 310 0)
 (buffers 992 12))

==John ffitch